Monday, February 28, 2011

A Week of Mixed Emotions

This past week has caused me to have many mixed emotions. First, there were many wonderful miracles and I know that I saw the Lord's hand in the work every single day. I was also able to witness the baptism of two more men being added to our ward (the Elders have been working with them. One was a homeless man, who has improved his life and is the sweetest man I have ever met, and the other was a Nigerian, who hardly speaks Russian - we translate for him in church, who is here studying), one of our investigators - Sergey attended the baptism. It was a good week, but I have never been stood up so many times in my life. Yesterday, we had one meeting happen, out of 7 planned meetings. It was a very good meeting, however, so I can't complain. The Lord just really wanted us to do our backup plans instead, I suppose. It's a good thing we made backup plans. I want to be more effective for the Lord and I really want to use every minute to help Him bring His children into the fold. I love this work so much and I love my Savior more than I can even express. Why is it that I am so quick to forget that sometimes? I can be so easily frustrated and discouraged. Life is a learning process, and unfortunately I am a slow learner. Thank goodness, the Lord is giving me 20 months on a mission instead of the usual 18. My companion has been a great help to me. She is such a good missionary and really helps me stay focused. She speaks Russian incredibly and I don't feel like I'm training her at all. She is so easy going and ready work. She is a great companion and I love being able to work with her right now. I am so blessed. The Lord loves me so much. That knowledge gives me even more motivation to help others find that out for themselves, because of what a comfort that is to me.

This past week we were given many opportunities to serve the members in our ward. They actually put us to work! It was so great to be able to work (clean) and help someone in need. We didn't have any investigators come to church, but we had some inactives come and they stayed for the ward activity after church, where the members ate together in honor of all the birthdays in February. I think they had a good time and were able to connect again with some members in our ward. One of our inactive girls also came with a friend, who hopefully will become an investigator. So, all in all, it was another incredible week in Perm. This next week is going to be exiting because my companion and I, along with Sister Hakes and her trainee, and Sister Spjute and her trainee are going to Ekaterinburg for training! We will be with the Zone Leaders and will learn how to be better leaders and missionaries. I am soooooooo excited. It does keep us from Bolatovo for a few days though - I'll have to make a lot of phone calls from Ekat to keep contact with our investigators. And then, next monday I'm going to Finland. So, internet? I dunno.

Because it will be on Monday, I also won't get to go to the temple. kinda unfortunate, but what do you do? Anyway, I hope you all have a great week!!!!!!!!!!! I love you all sooooooooooo much! Keep sending pictures! Mom, I saw your pictures just fine...don't fret. You're amazing!

xoxoxoxoxxo
love always,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment