Priviet everyone!!!!!!!!!!
Things here have been going pretty good. The work is great, a little slow, but chugging along. When we were at training in Ekat a couple of weeks ago, we learned SO MUCH and it really has changed a lot of the way we do missionary work - not that we needed serious changes, just help on being even more effective. We learned so much about planning effectively and I am happy to report that our planning sessions are definitely in the changing process and we are learning how to become Master Planners. There is still so much to learn and some days are better than others, but ever since training, our planning has changed for the better. Unfortunately, people still have their free agency, and so no matter how well we plan, our numbers are still somewhat low. But, we have not let that get us down and we have made a lot of progress with some inactive members. We have a baptism scheduled for Saturday, but at this precise moment, Сергей is not ready. Hopefully by Saturday that will change. Please keep him in your prayers!
I am so grateful that I was able to obtain a new VISA and continue to serve here in Russia. I know that this is exactly where the Lord wants me to be and so I am striving with all my heart, might, mind, and strength, to accomplish all that he expects of me. It is such a great privilege to be a missionary. It is a heavy responsibility and yet, one that I would gladly carry the rest of my life. I have really been thinking much lately about a talk by President Holland which he gave in the MTC and we watched a segment from it at training. He talked about Peter and the three times the Lord asked him if he loves him. He said it was the third time that Peter answered that changed his life forever. He said, "that was the day Peter strode into eternity." He asked the missionaries, "Do you love Him?!" I have thought about that so much. If the answer TRULY is Yes, then my life really will never be the same, nor do I ever want it to be. There is no going back - either I love the Savior or I don't. It is my choice, but with that choice, comes eternal changes. Love means action, and real love is permanent. I hope that I have begun to make those changes and will continue until the day I stand before my Maker. I do love Him and because of that, I love serving Him. I need Him and so do these people. They just don't truly understand how or why, yet.
I absolutely love my companion. She is so understanding and patient with me, also, she is hilarious and makes me laugh every day. She is so good for me and for these people - often I get too serious or too hard on myself and she is right there to lighten the mood and keep us positive and happy. Her testimony is powerful and her Russian is very impressive. She has a very strong work ethic and I can always count on her. I trust my companion and truly love her - She is teaching me so much!
I am so grateful that I was able to obtain a new VISA and continue to serve here in Russia. I know that this is exactly where the Lord wants me to be and so I am striving with all my heart, might, mind, and strength, to accomplish all that he expects of me. It is such a great privilege to be a missionary. It is a heavy responsibility and yet, one that I would gladly carry the rest of my life. I have really been thinking much lately about a talk by President Holland which he gave in the MTC and we watched a segment from it at training. He talked about Peter and the three times the Lord asked him if he loves him. He said it was the third time that Peter answered that changed his life forever. He said, "that was the day Peter strode into eternity." He asked the missionaries, "Do you love Him?!" I have thought about that so much. If the answer TRULY is Yes, then my life really will never be the same, nor do I ever want it to be. There is no going back - either I love the Savior or I don't. It is my choice, but with that choice, comes eternal changes. Love means action, and real love is permanent. I hope that I have begun to make those changes and will continue until the day I stand before my Maker. I do love Him and because of that, I love serving Him. I need Him and so do these people. They just don't truly understand how or why, yet.
I absolutely love my companion. She is so understanding and patient with me, also, she is hilarious and makes me laugh every day. She is so good for me and for these people - often I get too serious or too hard on myself and she is right there to lighten the mood and keep us positive and happy. Her testimony is powerful and her Russian is very impressive. She has a very strong work ethic and I can always count on her. I trust my companion and truly love her - She is teaching me so much!
We have been working really hard and have great plans to continue to do so. It's gonna be a great week. I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment