Tuesday, February 15, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY

Hey everyone!!
Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you are all doing well.my week has been a little difficult; however, as always, it was really good. We had Zone Conference!!!!!!!!!! And of course, Zone Conference was incredible and exactly what I needed. We were also able to do a deep clean of the apartment (every last Friday of the transfer, we have 3 hours to clean)...it is sooo nice. I love having such a clean apartment. We did some success this week - we have a new investigator plus two referrals. So, not very many meetings, but meaningful activities every hour of the day. We also were informed of transfers. Sister Whiting is getting transferred to Ekat and I'm going to be training again here in Perm. I'm a little sad to see Sister Whiting go so quickly, but I know that it came from the Lord and that she is going to be incredible in Ekaterinburg. I am honored that I will be training again. The Lord is so merciful and he is just giving me another chance to do it all a little better.
Our investigators seem to be progressing, but so far we only have 1 baptismal date. Vladimir gave in to the temptation to drink, so he can't be baptized this next week, and he's not sure he wants to try so hard to give up drinking. We haven't set another baptismal goal with him yet. We also have a family that we are meeting with and they are reading the Book of Mormon. We fasted and prayed to know how to help the father be still and listen, because in past meetings he was very confrontational and it was halting the whole family's progress. We just read a chapter from the Book of Mormon with them and he listened and was much more agreeable this time and had a lot of questions from his personal reading in the Book of Mormon. It was the first time they participated and seemed truly interested in the message (we help them with English before the lesson and so in all the meetings before, they weren't really too interested). Hopefully this coming week we can set baptismal dates with them. The work continues to roll forth. Basically, that's all from this side of the world. It's been REALLY cold the past few days. My poor Hawaiian companion is dying. Also instead of the usual, scalding hot tea we usually get served, somehow this week we were served hot milk...twice. My companion has been freaking out - she says it smells like a baby. And I just don't like milk in general....so of course I didn't smell it, just chugged. It could be worse. Anyway, I'll be in Ekat for most of the week, picking up my new companion. I'm so excited! I love President and Sister Allcott and I LOVE STAYING AT THEIR HOUSE! :) I hope you all have a great week. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great Valentine's Day!
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxox
love always,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment