HEY!!!!
Guess what...IT WAS CHRISTMAS HERE IN PERM! I GOT SOME GREAT PACKAGES AND WAS DEFINITELY THE MOST SPOILED PERSON IN RUSSIA. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
I also got a great package from Aunt Annette and one from Sister Smith and the Achievement Day girls! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not to mention a bunch of Christmas Cards and letters. Everything came at just the right time - I was worried I was actually starting to lose weight! :) Don't worry, in the past couple of days, I have gained it all right back. I am so grateful to have such a large support group back at home. It really is such a tremendous blessing. The Lord loves me so much...I am so spoiled.
This week was so great, despite the fact that our numbers don't prove it. I don't know why that is. We are working so hard and trying to work smart, but meetings just keep falling through. We have decided to just keep working on sanctifying ourselves and working the best way we know how and then miraculously the Lord will bless us with the four baptisms he has prepared for this area this month.
We were blessed to experience some miracles this week. One was with our investigator Vladimir. He currently has a baptismal date for the 19th, but the past couple of times we have met with him, he hasn't been progressing as much as we had hoped. We discovered that he doesn't feel worthy of receiving help from the Lord and so he doesn't feel ready and worthy to pray. That is the only thing holding him back. Our meeting with him on Friday was one of the most powerful meetings I have experienced on my mission. The Spirit told us exactly what to say and when to say it. I know that he felt the power of God in the room and although, he was closed for most of the meeting. He did get on his knees to pray with the family at the end. He refused to offer the prayer, but hopefully he will ponder what the Lord told him and begin to make changes in his life and in his relationship with God.
The miracles didn't stop with that on Friday. On the way home from that meeting with Vladimir, we received a phone call from our investigator Alexander. Alexander just called to tell us that although he wouldn't be able to make it to our meeting on Saturday, he had prayed about the Book of Mormon and received an answer that it is true. It was an incredible day and we are working so hard to make every day just as miraculous and memorable.
I, personally, am doing pretty good, I wish I knew how to be even more effective. I know what the Lord expects of me, I just feel like I don't quite know how to accomplish it. But I have faith that He will continue to show me how. I want to help as many people as possible come to Christ and know and feel of His love as I do. I know that the Lord wants that as well. This is His work and these are His children. I am so grateful to be called and chosen to help them right now.
In my companionship, things are going great. I absolutely love Sister Whiting with all of my heart. She is an incredible missionary, a great companion, and a dear friend. I love her and I am constantly learning from her. She truly is such a great example to me of Christlike love and constant diligence. I admire her and am so glad I have the chance to work with her.
I hope that all is going well at home!
I love you all so much!
Have a great week! I'll be praying for you!
xoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment