Monday, October 18, 2010

It's snowing!

Hey everyone,
It is snowing outside right now, as I write this email. Winter is coming! This week has been much better than I could have ever imagined. Of course, being in two areas, is somewhat of a challenge, but we are making it work. I love my companions. Being in a threesome is always a little difficult - (you would think I would be a pro by now) but so far it hasn't been all that bad. I am grateful for the opportunity to work in two areas and help double the amount of people! My prayers get longer and longer every day, as I get to know more people from my new branch. I love Perm! As far as my companions go...I love them. Of course everyone is different, but, in my opinion, we have been adjusting nicely to each other - much better than I first anticipated. Sister Karpeshenko and Sister Tsuprova are both a little sick right now, with colds and sore throats, but it hasn't interrupted our work too much yet and both have received blessings and are taking medicine. Hopefully they will get well soon. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time...my companions are hilarious, (especially together, they don't mean to be...sometimes I laugh with them, but sometimes at them, Russians have some interesting ideas and opinions sometimes) most of the time, they don't understand why I am laughing, but I'm having fun.
This week our investigator, Yulia, got baptized!!!!!! She has an incredibly strong testimony and is already a huge contribution to the branch. Oh my goodness, I love her so much! She is 18 years old and has been investigating the church for over a year. She is incredible. It was a beautiful baptismal service. Elder Stanley and I sang the musical number and it turned out great - I am learning to harmonize on my mission. :) Djenya and Maksim both have baptisms scheduled for the 30th and both are working hard to prepare for that day. I am really excited to get to work with Maksim again. Sister Karpeshenko and I found him last transfer as we were contacting. He said that He prayed to find truth, two days before we contacted him, and he recognized us as his answer. Unfortunately, he didn't live in our area, so we passed him off to the other sisters. Now, we are working in that area too...so he is once again our investigator! He is great. He comes to church every week in his white shirt and tie (he's 19). He stayed for ALL of the sessions of conference. He wants to get baptized, but at the same time, he is very scared of it. He is very shy and is scared of what serving in the church after baptism will require of him. We are trying to help him overcome his fears, and understand the importance of baptism. Hopefully both of them will be ready for the 30th. Keep prayin for them! :)

Good luck this week! You are all amazing! I love you with all my heart! xoxoxoxoxox
love always,
Sister Hansen
p.s. I almost forgot to mention...I am going to Ukraine on Saturday! My companion needs to go for her VISA and so I get to go with her and we should be able to make it for a session in the new temple! I'm pretty excited about it! Be grateful you have a temple near by...you should go this week too! xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment