Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I received a transfer! But not a very big one ...

Hey everyone,

You have had such a fun week! I am glad to hear that BYU FINALLY pulled it together and that many of you were there to witness it together! Go Cougars! :)

My week was pretty good as well. Greatest moments were: CONFERENCE! We watched conference on Saturday and Sunday. Oh my goodness, it was amazing. Just a feast of the word of God. The Church is true, and to know it all you have to do is to listen to conference with an open heart. Wow, I know that President Monson has authority from God to be a prophet on the earth today. I loved ALL of the talks, but especially the last two on Sunday morning. One from Elder Oaks regarding the line of Priesthood, and one from President Monson regarding gratitude. If I had to pinpoint of the greatest things I have learned on my mission thus far, it would be that I have a greater appreciation for the Priesthood and the organization of the Priesthood; a greater respect for Priesthood holders and the power they hold in their fingertips; and how in-tune worthy Priesthood holders are to the Spirit. It's amazing! I also got to listen to the Priesthood Session because we didn't have the Relief Society session in English. Conference is one of those things we get to hear in English. :) Anyway, when you get conference Ensign, you'll have to send me a copy (they have a hard time getting the Liahonas here, and even then, they are all in Russian - great for language study, but not so great during personal study.

Anyway, other than conference, not much else extraordinary happened. The work continues to roll forth. Sadly, Женя didn't get baptized, but we have moved his date for another three weeks, on the 30th. He met with the Elders and that was the decision and the date they agreed upon. He has a problem with smoking, but the Elders gave him a blessing and if he continues to keep his commitments, I know that he will have the strength and the will to quit. Thank you for all of your prayers in his behalf...keep it up!

I received a transfer, but it's not a very big one. I will still be in Perm, and I think still living in my apartment, but I am being 'transferred' over to the other branch with a Ukranian companion, Sister Tsuprova. But, Sister Karpeshenko's companion wasn't able to come, and so we will be in a threesome...oh joy! We will be covering two areas, so we will be able to stay plenty busy. I know that it will all work out. I have been questioning my abilities, but then I realized that it has nothing to do with my abilities, but rather what I am capable of with the Lord's help. I know that this assignment is directly from God and when God calls us, He qualifies us. I want to help both Sister Karpeshenko and Sister Tsuprova come to know their Savior better, but to do that, I need to know my Savior better. I am determined to work harder than ever before to develop those Christlike attributes that allow His countenance to shine through me. I want to serve them and love them, as He does. I am going to try to rely on Him more. I am determined to continue to be obedient. And I know that the Lord will help me to help my companions and the people here.

I know this is the work of the Lord. I am so happy to be a full-time missionary. I love this work. I am looking forward to this next transfer, for I know that I have much to learn. I hope you all continue to be healthy and happy! Know that I love you very very much.
Have a great week!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo
Love always and forever,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment