Well, another week has flown by. I really don't understand time. I've been on my mission for a whole year already! weird. And I still don't really know Russian - I'm running out of time! Aahhh. With patience and diligence, hopefully I'll get a grasp on the language before I come home...if not, that would truly be tragic. Anyway, things here in Perm are going great. We have seen so many wonderful miracles. Сусанна (Susanna) got baptized on Saturday, and confirmed yesterday. She was so happy. Her baptismal service went smoothly and I know that she has already made a great contribution to the ward. Her membership will bless her family and the ward family so much. She is incredible. We were a little worried because she said that she is terrified of water (she almost drowned as a child, and her dad saved her), but everything went well. After she came up out of the water, she stood there taking in big panicked breaths for a minute - I think all of the onlookers thought she was just overcome with the Spirit. In reality she was just trying to calm the shock from being dunked under water. :) Two other little girls who the elders were teaching also got baptized. They are sisters - 13 and 15 years old...and are as sweet as can be. It was a beautiful service and we all got to gorge ourselves on Armenian Baklava (I really don't know how to spell it). Susanna is President Abagjan's (our branch president) sister - their family is Armenian, so their other sister made the amazing dessert.
Женя (Djenya) did not get baptized on Saturday as planned, but he has had his interview with the Elders and is planning on getting baptized this next Saturday, after the conference sessions. We met with him yesterday, and had a very powerful meeting. He opened up a lot more to us and we were able to help him resolve some of his concerns. It was a great meeting and hopefully he felt inspired to keep his reading commitments - we came up with some ideas together on how to help him accomplish his commitments. He has a strong desire to follow the Savior, and is perfectly aware of Satan's plan to distinguish his desire. I hope He will be ready to be baptized on the 9th. Please keep him in your prayers!
Юля (Yulia) had a goal to be baptized on the 9th, but due to general conference, and her boyfriend's (the district president's son) school schedule, she has moved her date back a week, on the 16th. She wants it to be on a Saturday. She is very ready to get baptized. We will work with her and pray for her in hopes that nothing will happen within the next two weeks to hinder her baptism.
Another miracle this week: we were blessed with two referrals and we plan on making contact with them as soon as possible. Referrals have been rare on my mission, I'm not sure why, but we have been working hard for them. We are in desperate need of new investigators and a larger teaching pool and have been working hard every day to make that happen. The Lord has finally blessed us with referrals. I don't know why I am seeing so many miracles here in Perm, but I know that the Lord loves these people so much. I am just trying to stay worthy of such blessings and successes from the Lord. I know that this is His work and I am trying my hardest to always do it His way.
Everything is going great with my Companion. I am learning so much from her every day...she is an incredible missionary. Our zone is great and our zone leaders are exceptional missionaries. I love them all so much.
And I love all of YOU so much. Really, you are the best family, I am soooooo blessed. It sounds like you are doing AMAZING. I LOVED reading your letters today. Thank you!!!!! I hope you all continue to do great! I can't wait to hear conference. We get to watch it this next Saturday and Sunday. Oh my goodness I am so excited! It sounds like it was amazing...of course it always is. The organization of the Church is so perfect. That is just another testimony builder that this really is the Lord's Church. He leads and guides it through a living prophet. I know that President Monson is a prophet of God with the proper authority to guide us and act in the name of Christ. The Church is true...of this I know. How blessed we are to have an awareness of the Restored Gospel, to have a knowledge of a living prophet, to have an eternal family. The Lord has blessed us tremendously. I am looking forward to another week dedicated to Him.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Take care, be safe.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment