Monday, March 29, 2010

That would be number ... 8

Hey everyone!
So, I made it back from Finland safe and sound, with only one minor problem. When I got to Chely, no one knew I was coming! They had been told to pick me up on Wednesday, but I arrived on Tuesday...and I didn't have a phone! haha, I only waited for a couple of hours and then I just went home because I had a spare key to our apartment. I think that might be forbidden, but I had no other options - NO ONE would let me use their phone, even without my name tag, and I couldn't find a pay phone anywhere, even if I did know how to use one. Anyway, when I got to our apartment, I was able to call my companions from our home phone. Yeah, it was pretty funny and miraculously stress-free. I seriously hit the ground running...no joke. Not only do we go running in the mornings, but we have so many people to teach and so much work to do. Our investigator Y, did not get baptized on saturday, but it was just because he couldn't end up getting work off. Sad! We are now hoping for April 11. Please keep him in your prayers. (Mom, no one teaches him in Chinese, we teach him in Russian. Our lessons with him are very slow and he always has his electronic dictionary out. The language barrier in this case, is pretty extreme, but the Spirit speaks in every language.) :) We had some 7th day Adventists come to church yesterday. They are so interesting. It's sad how people can miss the mark like that...they get hung up on the smallest little thing, that really means nothing in the grand scheme of things - like whether or not the sabbath day is on Saturday or Sunday. Anyway, we have met with them once and they came to church...we'll see if they are willing to progress, and get off the whole 'saturday' thing. The шумилины family are sick right now and weren't able to come to church yesterday, but we will stop by tonight to make sure they are doing ok. I love all of the people here. I missed everyone so much when I was gone. Life is great. The church is true. This week we REALLY focused on the divinity of the Book of Mormon. If the Book of Mormon is true, than it REALLY does matter what church you go to, and how you live your life. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and everyday when I read it, the Spirit testifies to my heart again and again that it is true. It really is the word of God, and Joseph Smith really was a prophet. I LOVE being a missionary and telling people that every day. I hope you all have a great week and such a WONDERFUL Easter!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen

1 comment: