Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy March 8th!

Hey!
So, today is the 8th of March - women's day! What a great holiday. There are flowers on every street corner for sale and chocolate issold out in most stores. :) Happy holiday!!!! (Laynie - I got your package! Thank you so much...it came just in time for women's day. You are so sweet!) So, this week was eventful. We had zone conference on Saturday and then President and Sister Allcott came to our ward on Sunday...it was exciting. Saturday was like the best day of my mission so far. It started out with an AMAZING zone conference (my zone is incredible). That lasted most of the day and then that night we had a meeting with an investigator, Lev. I'm not sure I have told you about Lev yet. We met him on a marshrootka and he was really interested in our message. We taught him about the restoration and the plan of salvation and he came to church. But then we found out that he doesn't live in our area. So, after zone conference we met with him along with the elders, so he could meet them...(they will be teaching him from now on). We taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ and we committed him to be baptized IN TWO WEEKS! He is amazing. He is so prepared to hear our message. He loves the Book of Mormon and goes above and beyond what we commit him to do. That was the best day ever just because he is so elect, he is so ready, and teaching him is so easy in a lot of ways. We asked him if he wanted to be baptized and his response was just, "of course...when can I?" We were so happy. The Elders are going to do a great job getting him prepared. I hope I'm still in Chely for his baptism. Anyway, other than that, not much else happened. We had a lot of people come to church again, which was surprising because it's a holiday weekend.

Life is good. Sister Hakes and I are doing great. I love her so much. She really is incredible. We are working so hard, but when we see the little successes, it's all worth it. There is no better feeling in the world, than seeing someone change their life. Today it hit me again, just how important my calling is. I don't want to waste a single minute. The message I am sharing with people really is true.

I love this gospel. I love my Savior. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here. I love the people here so much - their lives are so hard, and it is so wonderful to see them find that happiness the gospel gives.

I hope you are all doing well - sounds like you are. Thanks for all of the support and all of your prayers. I love you all so much!
xoxoxoxoxo
Love always,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment