Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!

Hey everyone!
It sounds like you are all doing pretty good. You are all so supportive and I am so grateful. You're my very best of friends and I am eternally thankful the Lord has blessed me with such an incredible family.

My week here was pretty good as well, to be honest. I had a VISA trip and there was a boycott with the Finnish flights and so I was in Finland over night. I was so blessed to spend some time in the temple. It was just what I needed. I'm sure the boycott with the airlines upset a lot of people, but it allowed me to have some time to rest my soul. I also love seeing Sister Dungan. We had a blast catching up. VISA trips can be such a hassle and they are so expensive and they take up time...but they also can be a tender mercy of the Lord.

I'm doing just fine now. I know that I am where the Lord wants me to be and I am so grateful that I get to turn to Him in prayer. I know that He listens and that He is helping me. This is His work and He has called me to help Him with it. I want to be worthy to see His miracles. I am working really hard at being exactly obedient and trying to be a good example to my companion. She was very happy to see me return after my VISA trip and that made my day. I really do love her.

We are working with a lot of investigators right now...but we can't seem to get baptismal dates. I understand that baptism is essential to salvation and no matter how simple I put it or how straightforward it is in the scriptures or how strong the Spirit is...they just aren't getting it. I know that the Lord has people prepared, who are ready for the gospel. If it is His will, I want to be worthy of truly being an instrument in His hands in helping those who are ready now. My experiences in the temple have given me an even bigger push to really give Him all that I have and all that I am. I know that He loves me and I want these people here to feel His love, as I do.

We have one baptismal date with Sergei for Saturday, but I'm not sure it will work out. He doesn't want to marry his girlfriend yet and he's not willing to change his lifestyle. So, for now, his desire to come to Christ is at a standstill. He understands the law, the blessings, the reasoning. But he just doesn't want to. We'll keep working with him of course. I know that he will be a member, I just pray that I will be able to see it. I know that the Lord is working many miracles here in Perm - I am grateful to be here.

Weather update:
I haven't seen any ice skates yet or ice sculptures, but the kids are being pulled along by sleds. It has been snowing so much, but right now, it's pretty warm (I'm even walking outside without my gloves on and yesterday I had to take off my hat). I hope all winter consists of this weather but they are predicting that it will be even colder than last year (everyone is scared because apparently last year was record lows). Anyway, I'm enjoying the warm weather while I can. :) Oh, one little hiccup this week happened when I somehow lost all my pictures on my camera. I'm gonna buy another camera card and send the old one home to you all and hopefully we can get them saved. I have backups of all of them but the ones in Perm. It's not too big of a loss - I'm still here. But just so you know (be expecting that). Thanks! I love you sooooooo much!!!!
I miss you all. I love you and I pray for you all. Be safe and remember who you are.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen

1 comment:

  1. I have some pictures of Sister Hansen I can send to you. My son is in the same mission (I found this blog by googling this mission) and he sent home several pictures with all the missionaries.

    ReplyDelete