To my wonderful family and friends,
It was another great week here at the MTC. It was really busy, but
really good. Sister Dungan and I have been setting a lot of goals and
it has kept us really busy working to keep them. I have really become
a fan of setting goals and planning! We are working really hard to be
100% obedient. Our branch is known for its 100% obedience, but
believe it or not, it can be hard - especially when people around us
aren't as serious about it as we are. I have seen the blessings from
it already though! The Lord knows that I am giving Him my all.
This week we have also focused A LOT (meaning more than usual) on
learning Russian. Now that we are teaching in Russian, it's gotten
really serious. I don't know if I mentioned this last week, but 3
elders in my district got their date to leave to Russia moved up 2
weeks earlier. Their mission president just wants them out there.
Usually with the Russian missionaries, we spend the last two weeks
speaking ONLY Russian. Now that some of the elders in my district are
leaving early, the whole district will begin speaking ONLY Russian
earlier than expected. AAAaaahhhh! We have started preparing for
that by having certain times during the day where we can only speak
100% Russian. Then, on Saturday, we spoke only Russian, the WHOLE
day! It was so hard! At the end of the day i thought my brain would
explode! it was good though...it pushed me and i feel like I am
learning a lot faster now. Like I said, it has been a good but busy
week.
On Sunday, I had one of the best days I have had so far at the MTC.
It began with Sister Oaks speaking to us in Relief Society. It was
amazing! She spoke about simple testimonies...and certainly helped
strengthen mine! After Relief society, Sister Dungan and I taught
Sunday school to our District. It was about the Atonement...which is
a pretty broad topic, but we prayed to have the Lord help us know what
to teach our elders in order to meet their needs. He certainly
answered our prayers. Oh my goodness, prayer works. We didn't teach
them anything they didn't know, but all of the elders in my district
were crying...in sunday school! They never cry! it was so great.
The Lord knew what they needed. Later that night, Sheri Dew spoke at
our fireside. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! She spoke to us about being
a greater follower of Righteousness. It was a very powerful talk and
i left determined to be a better person.
Anyway, enough about me...I'm glad to hear you all are doing so well!
I'll try to get some written letters out today...we will see how it
goes. I am excited you all are going to go to the game on saturday,
maybe I'll go outside and listen to you yell. :) And I can't believe
it is almost thanksgiving! and you get to go to california! That
will be so fun! Don't forget to get me some addresses while you are
there! And then, who all is going to guatemala with Kathy Duncan?
Also, that's soooooo great that Bishop Bradshaw is now in the Stake
Presidency...no surprise there. But that is sad that he's not the
bishop anymore. You'll have to keep me updated on who gets put in.
The Lord knows best.
I apologize for this letter...It's kinda scattered and now I am out of
time. like I said, I'll try to write some letters today. I LOVE YOU
ALL!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment