Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey family!!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! How are you all doing? It sounds like you are all doing pretty well...I'm glad you had fun at the football game! Mom, I'm glad to hear you birthday went well (good job Dad!). And Weston, have a great birthday this week bug! I hope you all have so much fun in California! And Chony, I hope your turducken thingy was delicious. Of course it was...you're amazing! Please give all the family my love! I can't wait for thanksgiving because it will be a different schedule than usual. I think we are doing service projects and stuff instead of class. Change is good here.
This past week has been so good. I think I told you before that I am a coordinating sister in my branch, well, this past week new sisters came and Sister Dungan and I actually got to do our calling! Hooray! We have 2 sisters from Ukraine and 1 sister from Maryland - she is a solo sister, which is kinda sad, so sister Dungan and I spend a lot of time with her. Luckily her roommates, the Ukrainian sisters, speak English really well, because otherwise that would be so hard and so lonely!
Sister Dungan and I have had to give so many tours of the MTC and go to so many meetings and give presentations and reports...but the new sisters are so sweet, it's all worth it. This morning the 2 Ukrainian sisters went to the temple for the first time and I got to be their escort. It was so special - they are amazing women. :)
Russian is still as hard as ever and I feel like I don't know anything, but nevertheless, tomorrow I am teaching the second lesson in Russian. haha whoa - I still have so much to study! We taught it last night for practice and it went ok...I am sooooooo grateful for the Spirit because my Russian is terrible. I have one more week to speak english and then I am forbidden for the rest of my stay here at the MTC. haha it's gonna be interesting!
I really do love it here so much! I love missionary work! The church is true...I KNOW it is! Missionary work is the most important work there is and I am so thankful to be a part of it in the way that I am now. Please keep praying for me - I need help with Russian! I love you all and I miss you soooo much! xoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen

P.S. thank you so much for the many packages and letters I get...you are all so supportive and amazing! It makes my day when I get to hear from you! Thanks!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment