Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Branch Is Tiny For A Couple Of Weeks

Family and Friends,

Greetings from the MTC!!! I miss you all dearly. It's hard not
talking to you every day...but time goes by quickly. I assume it is going by quickly for you as well - especially for my brothers (I haven't heard from any of you in a while - how come you don't miss me? Write me please!). The rest of you sound like you are doing great!

Mom, LONDON SOUNDS INCREDIBLE. Someday, I will go there. Would you be up for another trip with me after the mission? Dad, I'm sooooooo glad you loved wicked...I knew you would. Where in
the world are you now? Still in Mexico? Home? Please be safe! I love you all so much. Oh my goodness, i really do have the best family in the whole world.

This week has been great! It has been soooooo hard - Russian study has been intense, but it's been good! All of the older districts are
gone now. Our branch will be tiny for a couple of weeks until the new people come in. I still don't know if there are any sisters coming. Sister Dungan and I are doing great! We keep each other motivated. We have been working really hard on staying focused and being patient with ourselves. This last week in the Refferal Center, Sister Dungan talked to a crazy lady from the Bronx...haha it was her turn for a crazy experience. This lady didn't want to meet with the missionaries, but Sister Dungan committed her to read the Book of Mormon. So maybe, someday she will come to really know her Savior.

This past week, the devotionals and firesides have all got me thinking about the true reason for missionary work. Missionary work isn't just about baptizing - yes, that is a HUGE focus, but it's not the baptism, it's the remission of sins that comes with baptism. I want people to
know Jesus Christ like I know Him. I want them to feel that relief and joy that comes when we use the atonement, receive forgiveness, and are able to rid ourselves of that guilt. There is NOTHING greater than that. And it is sad when people don't want that - they don't know what they are missing!!! I want EVERYONE to know of the Lord's love for them and THAT is why I chose to go on a mission. No one is forcing me to be here. I have penty of other things I could be doing. But I want to be here, I want it more than anything else in the world. I am so grateful that I have such a great family that is so
supportive. I love you all so much!!!!!!!! Have a great week!
XOXOXOXO
love Always,
Sister Hansen

P.S. If you are too scared to share the Savior's message with your friends...tell them to go to mormon.org. :) It's AMAZING! They can chat with missionaries (maybe even me!) or they can watch/listen to people's conversion stories (those are soooo good. I try to watch 1 clip a day). P.S.S. Sorry if I sound preachy...I can't help it...I'm a missionary! :) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment