Hey everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry it's been a couple weeks...last week, Sister Tsuprova threw out her back on our way out the door to internet. By the time we got there and got started, I only managed to write President my weekly report before they kicked us out for their lunch hour. I didn't forget about you and I thank you for writing me!
IT WAS SO GOOD TO TALK TO YOU ALL AT CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! And since then, it sounds like you have all had some pretty good past couple of weeks. I am so sorry to hear about Brodie Griffin. Man, that family is so incredible, why do they need all these trials? The Lord's ways are definitely not our ways and sometimes they are so hard understand. Of course, I will pray for them.
My week was good and productive but we didn't have very many stats to report. Sister has a hurt back, but she was still willing to go around and search out inactives with me this week. I was so proud of her. We were able to meet quite a few members and find out a little more about them, which was great even though we didn't get many meetings out of the deal. One of our inactives came to church and asked to meet with us afterwards. We had some very spiritual meetings and we worked really hard to accomplish our goals. I set sooooooooooooo many great goals for this new year. And the Lord is helping me every day to accomplish them. Many good things planned for this next week so I hope there will be more exciting news to report next time.
It's actually been pretty warm here lately. -10...seriously. I have hardly had to put on my mittens. It's so nice. I hope it stays this nice for the rest of the winter. The exciting news for this week is that we heard about transfers!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am staying here in Perm, but Sister Tsuprova is going to Ufa and Sister Mezinets is going to Chelyabinsk and Sister Karpeshenko is going to Ekaterinburg. These past two transfers have been an experience that I will never forget. I hope I did all that the Lord expected of me. I am so thankful for the opportunity to grow and to try to help someone else. I love Sister Tsuprova and I hope and pray that she will continue to progress. In place of Sister Mezinets and Karpeshenko , Sister Hakes is coming to Perm! She will be training someone here. I have not seen her in sooooooooooooo long...I'm excited for her to be here with me. But I'm also sad to see Sister Mezinets go. I love her so much. It will be her last transfer. She has been such an incredible support to me and one of the best examples on my mission. Hopefully this goodbye won't be for too long.
As for my new companion, she will also be new. Yep. straight from the MTC. I am going to train...can you believe it? I look forward to the new responsibility of training. I just keep telling myself that fear is the opposite of faith. I am glad that President trusts me enough to do this - that the Lord trusts me enough. I know that every companion I have been assigned to thus far, has been an assignment from the Lord, and so I have no doubts that it will be the same this upcoming transfer. I trust that He knows best - for me, for her, and for these people here in Perm.
I love missionary work. I love seeing people change their lives for the Lord. I even love the stresses, the anxiety, and the tears because I am able to hope in the Lord and that they will be followed by comfort, peace, and joy. I know that the Lord is aware of me, no matter how small or insignificant I am. He is aware, and even more than that, He cares. He really does care and He has given even someone like me, a chance to receive eternal life with Him. How grateful I am that I know of Him and I want these people to also know. I want them to have that support, and the rest that that knowledge gives to the soul. I will continue to do my best.
I love you all so much! I miss you and pray for you always! Have a great week and be sure to spoil Dad today!
xoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment