Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm staying in Perm!

Hey everyone,

I'd like to take a moment right at the start to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING! and even more important, HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESTON!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how fast time goes by. Weston, you are getting so old! You will have to write me and tell me what you get and how your day goes. Lucky duck, you get to have a big feast for your birthday - not many people get that privilege! Texas will be so fun and I'm sure, delicious. You all better drive safe, especially if the roads are snowy.

The snow here is piling up. I love Russia in the winter. This is the Russia that I know and love (you know, when I first came into the country, I just soaked it all up and then I adjusted, got used to everything, enjoyed the extremely hot summer, and now I get to see everything that I initially loved)! It also hasn't gotten too cold yet...so I'm still really happy.

We had a very eventful couple of weeks. Last week, we had zone conference and District conference (that's the same thing as stake conference)...speaking of which, Congrats Romney! Mom says your talk was wonderful. It was a very spiritual weekend and we set a baptismal date with our investigator Sergei. He is about 40, not married, and has been an investigator for 8 years. It's time to get baptized! Please pray for him.

This week, our branch president got married to a young girl (returned missionary) he met at youth conference...they were engaged by the third day of the conference! Anyway, their wedding was great and the reception was very interesting - they have some pretty interesting traditions. Remember in 'the Nutcracker' when all the different countries do a little number/ entertainment?...they have a tradition like that. All of the visiting cities/countries had to perform. :) And of course the only visiting country was us, missionaries, so they had some costumes and dressed up as people from other places. It was so fun! I'm so glad we were able to attend. They wanted us to support our branch president and I am so glad we did. A lot of people came to support them and yesterday they left for the temple! Everyone was so excited for a temple marriage here!!!!!!!!! It's rare and a wonderful thing.

We also got word of transfers...I am staying here in Perm with Sister Tsuprova...the Lord wants me to learn a thing or two apparently. I love Perm! It's one of my favorite cities and I am glad I will be here to witness some more baptisms and continue to work with these amazing members.

I hope you all have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving!
I love you so much!
Be safe, and remember who you are!
xoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment