This week flew by sooooooo fast. I dont really have anything new to report. We spent a lot of time this week searching out the inactives in our branch. It is much easier said than done. First, we called everyone who lives in our area and tried to set up meetings. Then, we dropped by everyone who didn't answer. Many have sinced moved and no one knows where they are now, or their phones just don't work, or they just won't open the door for us. It is so sad to me. There are so many members who are just lost - no one knows where to find them. I think that would not happen if people had visiting and home teachers - someone who they love and who loves them. EVERYONE needs a friend at church...even when we think that our testimony has deep enough roots, friendship is the sunshine that allows our faith to grow. The result of not having that is a 10% activity rate. If I have learned anything so far on my mission, it is that church attendance EVERY sunday is VITAL to our eternal progression, our eternal salvation. Without it, we fall by the wayside, and no one is there to keep us in the right way....working with inactives is always kind of depressing work, but someone's got to do it.
On a happier note, we met with Anastasia again and her boyfriend Sasha is interested as well and wants to read the Book of Mormon! I am really excited for them and my hopes are high. Anastasia needs the gospel in her life right now - I'm just trying to help her see that. And Sasha will be a great Priesthood holder. Keep them in your prayers please!
There are only 2 weeks left of this transfer - this saturday we will have zone conference. I am really looking forward to zone conference! And then, one of us three will be transferred (well, maybe not, but we're pretty sure - they usually don't leave trios together for very long). I love my companions so much, but a trio can be pretty hard sometimes.
That's all there is really. I love you all soooooooo much!
I hope you have a great week! Have so much fun together!
xoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen
That's all there is really. I love you all soooooooo much!
I hope you have a great week! Have so much fun together!
xoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment