Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Miracles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone,

Did you KNOW that miracles happen? I see them every single day. I write down at least one every day, and I want to continue that practice forever. Mormon 9:18-21. "And who shall say that Jesus Christ did not do many mighty miracles? And there were many mighty miracles wrought by the hands of the apostles. And if there were miracles wrought then, why has God ceased to be a God of miracles and yet be an unchangeable Being? And behold, I say unto you he changeth not; if so he would cease to be God; and he ceaseth not to be God, and is a God of miracles. And the reason why he ceaseth to do miracles among the children of men is because that they dwindle in unbelief, and depart from the right way, and know not the God in whom they trust. Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."

Miracles happen! This past week we saw a HUGE miracle. But first off, my companions are amazing. (Landon, you know Sister Hanks...she used to date Derek Whitesides and is a year younger than you). They are teaching me soooooooooo much and helping me be the missionary I want to become. On thursday, during our weekly planning, we decided to make a goal to have a baptism next week. We prayed about it, and concluded that a baptism goal wouldn't be too unrealistic. That night we had some meetings fall through, so we went contacting on the street. We starting talking to this man named Constantin. He was REALLY interested, so we set up a time to meet with him the next day.

Before we started our lesson the next day, he admitted that he had already read half of the Book of Mormon which we gave him the day before on the street! He is elect...we just need to make sure he really understands. He asked us when he can be baptized after we taught the Restoration, but because we hadn't taught the word of wisdom yet, we didn't set a specific date. He had a lot of questions about repentance and so, in our next meeting with him, on saturday, we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In that lesson, he asked again when he can be baptized, so we taught him the word of wisdom (he already followed it), and set a baptismal date for friday, August 6th. It is a miracle. A MIRACLE! So, now we are trying to get him ready. We are meeting with him again tonight at the District President's house. Wow, can you believe it? Just a week ago he had been in a Russian Orthodox Monastery, but didn't like it, so came back and was preparing to enter the Seminary when we met him on the street. PLEASE pray for him!!!!!!!

Timur left for a business trip and won't be back until the 10th of August (but he promised the read the Book of Mormon every day while he is gone). Anastasia says she needs time to pray and process all of the information, so we won't be meeting with her until the end of the week. I love these people so much, I just want them to be as happy as I am in the arms of my Savior.

The Church of Jesus Christ REALLY has been restored to the earth. The Priesthood (directly from Christ) has been Restored. I know it with every fiber of my being. And if it was just wisp of an idea, I would not be here in the middle of Russia, out in 42 degree Celsius weather, getting yelled at, laughed at, ridiculed, and ignored. No one would do that for something they didn't know was true. I know Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the one and only church on the earth today that is led by Christ through a living prophet, and I am seeing how it is blessing the lives of the people here. God does not change. He loved the people in Biblical times, and He loves us just the same. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever...a God of miracles! Miracles are happening and if we just open our eyes, our
ears, and our hearts, we can allow God to work miracles in our own personal lives.

I love you all sooooooooooooo much!
Sorry I got all preachy...love me anyway! I'm just SOOOOOOOO excited!
I hope you all have a great week! Glad to hear you are all doing so well!
xoxoxxoxox
love always,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment