Monday, July 12, 2010

SUCH an amazing week ... even though Satan controls the phonelines

Hey everybody!!!!!!

It sounds like you are all doing amazing!!!!!! That mud picture is CRAZY. Sounds so fun. :) Sorry about all of the mosquitoes, that does stink - load up on the spray. I can't wait to see the bungalow, I am imagining paradise.

As for me, I had the best week ever. We didn't get very many meetings, but the meetings we DID have, were incredible. We tried calling Anastasia all week, and she has dropped off the face of the earth. Her phone isn't working and she isn't answering her home phone, so keep praying for her, because she NEEDS the gospel right now...she will get baptized, I would just like to see it. Same with Adelina...we can't get ahold of her. Satan has control of the phones in Russia...actually probably all over. I have decided that I will change my ways when I return. I used to be so hard to get ahold of - - - it is SOOOO annoying. I will not do that to people. If I don't want to talk, I will just say so. So, we didn't meet with them this week, but we were able to meet with Victor and he agreed to read the Book of Mormon. He didn't come to church though because he has to go with his family to his protestant service and he can't skip out because He plays the guitar in the band at church. haha we will keep working with him.

Besides them, we got two new investigators this week! Timur and Eldar. Oh my goodness, they are great! Timur is a little older but he is GOLDEN. Seriously, he is so ready for the gospel and we are planning on inviting him to be baptized tonight at our meeting. If he doesn't drink tea or coffee, we are going to shoot for this next saturday! Seriously, he is THAT ready! He understands everything we teach, he asks incredible questions, he reads, he prays, he loves it. He came to church yesterday and took notes during President Allcott's talk. I was so proud! He is going to be an incredible Priesthood holder and a great contribution to the church here in Russia. We are so blessed to have found him. Eldar, is a guy we just met with last night for the first time. We had met him on the street before and got his number. He is very accepting of everything we say, but time will tell if he is sincere or not. Just keep them in your prayers.

Zone conference was incredible. It was exactly what I needed and has given that extra push, that extra drive, and that extra love for the people here, for my companion, my zone, my leaders, and my Lord. For every zone conference, President Allcott assigns us two topics on which we need to prepare talks. We don't know who will speak until the conductor announces it right before. I was asked to speak again.

The topic was: What I learned from Elder Rasband in the last mission conference. I talked about loving the people and how in order to love the people, we need to love the Lord. In order to love the Lord, we need to love the scriptures and His gospel. I need to increase my love in all of those, but I can say that I love the scriptures, the Lord, and the people here with all of my heart. It is such an honor to be a missionary here. President and Sister Allcott talked about loving the Savior and having more charity. It was soooooooooo good. I LOVE ZONE CONFERENCE! - besides the fact that I also was involved in the musical number, which wouldn't have been too bad, except that it was all of the sisters singing. meaning, Sister Jensen - alto, Me, and Sister Tsuprova (Ukrainian) and Sister Zaitsava (Russian) - all soprano. They both had to sing soprano with me because they are extremely tone deaf. But they love to sing! And we just couldn't keep them from singing their little hearts out. I had to sing especially loud, to try to keep them on the right notes. It turned out ok...I think. Sister Jensen is amazing so she was fine as the only alto. The important thing though is that I felt the spirit, and I hope everyone else did too. All in all, it was an amazing day.

It is still blazing hot here, but beautiful. My companion is amazing. She is such a good missionary and so stinkin funny. I just love her. I'll try send some pictures soon!
Have so much fun in all of your endeavors! I love you all so much!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment