Hey everybody!
How are you all doing? I'm doing great, besides the fact that I am looking pretty silly sitting here doing internet, with tears streaming down my face. (I just finished reading all about Jen's funeral). I am so sorry to hear about that, but it sounds like the funeral was beautiful. Laynie and Robbie, you are so strong and amazing. The Lord has a plan for each of us, and sometimes it is different than what we had in mind, but that is when we have to really trust Him. Thank you for being such incredible examples to me. All I can really say is that I know that the Lord loves you, He is aware of your pain, and if you allow Him to, He will continue to comfort you and your family. You are in my prayers.
It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well and I am glad to hear it. Chony - the CUTEST pictures ever. Thanks hun, you're the best! Mom and Dad, I can't believe you are in China right now. It sounds AWESOME! Oh my goodness, I would love to see that someday. (maybe it will be my weight loss plan after the mission) :)
So anyway, my week was pretty great. The conference in Ekat was outstanding. We had a mission conference with Elder Rasband (presidency of the 70). He talked about finding the elect. The elect are numbered and they are here waiting for me to find them! He talked about chipping away the concerns they have and how sometimes it takes a lot of missionaries to chip away those barriers, but that it is our goal and duty. He spoke about loving the people, about wearing out our lives in the work. He said a lot of things and I soaked it in.
Oh and I was involved in the musical number! President called a few days before and asked me to sing in a quartet for the event - we sang a pretty version of 'Come Thou Fount' and it turned out okay, despite how nervous I was. I absolutely LOVED the mission conference and it was sooo good to see all of the missionaries and have everyone together.
PLUS...I got 3 packages!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much Laynie and Mom! I was SOOOOOOOO happy! I AM so happy - fat and happy. We made fajitas yesterday - I haven't eaten this good for a very long time. :) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Oh and Landon, I got your letter!!!!! thanks so much! Now you need to update me - seriously. :)
Anyway, right after the conference, we said goodbye and Sister Jensen and I headed to the office to get my bags before we headed to the train station. There was a little problem though and the taxi didn't arrive until we were already supposed to be there. So, we jumped in and asked the taxi driver to go as fast as possible. We pulled into the station just as we got a call from the sisters already on that the train was rolling away. AAAHHHH. So, we called the office and they told us to try to race the train to the next town. So, our taxi driver was willing and we were determined. Don't worry, the town turned out to be an hour and 1/2 away...haha and our taxi driver was not too interested in the gospel AT ALL. So, we raced and we pulled into the town just as the sisters called to say the train had stopped and it would be there for 3 minutes. Problem was, we didnt' know where the station was. Long story short, we missed the train there too. opa! So, we turned around and drove all the way back to Ekat. We left the next day and arrived in Ufa on thursday morning - its a 16 hour train ride.
I love Ufa already. It is so beautiful here. It's so hilly and green. The streets are clean and the people are friendly! We have a beautiful white church building and amazing members with a strong group of youth. It's remarkable. There are a lot of divers people here - bashkirian, tatarski, muslim, etc, so people are more open and accepting to different people and different religions. It's so great.
I am so happy. My new companion, Sister Jensen is an incredible missionary. She has been on her mission for a year and she is so outgoing and fun. She has been in Ufa 1 transfer already and the people just love her. I am so blessed to have her as a companion. She has already taught me so much!
Well, I gotta go, but I want you all to know how much I love you. Thank you so much for being the amazing family that you are. I truly am so blessed. I love you all so much. I am so happy to know that I will get to spend forever with you. I miss you and I am so grateful to be here doing the Lord's work. This really is His work and I am a part of it. Thanks for all of your support. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen
p.s. Can someone get me Cara's address? She emailed me, but I can't email back. So, I wanna write her and congratulate her. Thanks!
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment