Monday, June 21, 2010

Today will be the first day of the rest of my life ... and 107 degrees

Photo - The Entire Mission
(Brianna is on the left side, against the wall, 5th person back)


Hey everyone,

How are you all doing?! I hope you are all doing great and having fun! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you soooooooooooooo much! I wanna hear about how it went, or if you did anything special. How was the rest of your China trip?!

My week was great. I am loving Ufa, and my companion, and my zone, and my investigators, and the members here. Basically, I love being a missionary. :) So, this week was especially exciting because I had a VISA trip again. I LOVE FINLAND! Seriously, it is so beautiful. And the mural in the Finland Temple is the most beautiful mural I've ever seen but I think that is just because it is of Finland, which is the most beautiful country I've ever seen. I lucked out again with my VISA trip. This time, no problems with my VISA or my passport, but they couldn't fit Sister Dungan and I on the flight, so our VISA group left us and we stayed the night in Finland. Went to 4 sessions in the temple and then flew back with the next VISA group that came in.

Everyone else flies into Finland, picks up their passports, goes through a session if they are lucky, and flies right back to Russia. Sister Dungan and I, however, keep getting special treatment. So yeah, Finland was great, but it was good to get back and go to work.

We were blessed with 3 new investigators this week. Which was miraculous because right now our teaching pool is really small. We are teaching a great couple, who want to get married soon and are very interested in the gospel. There were very accepting of the gospel and the possibility of the restoration, they just need to read and pray about it. They said that they have been searching for truth and the Elders actually got his number a long time ago - and that's where we got it, in the area book, in the 'potential investigators' section. I love being able to promise people that they will come to KNOW that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is Christ's restored church on the earth, if they will but read and pray about it. That is such a big promise and one that God has given all of us. It only takes a little work on our part, and then He is willing to bless us ten times over.

I know, for myself, that the church contains the fullness of the gospel in it's original truth. It has been restored! I am the happiest when I am sharing that with the people here. This is the Lord's work and I have been called by Him, of that I do not doubt.

The Lord is building up His church here in Russia. The work is moving forward and we are being led to people every day who are being prepared for the gospel. The other day we went to drop by an old investigator that we couldn't get ahold of. We were told that they had moved, so we dropped by their friends house, but we were also told that the friends had moved. The people who had moved into their friend's old apartment were not interested in our message, but they told us to go a few door down visit with a family there who might be interested. So, we did. The young daughter was the only one home, but she seemed very interested, so we taught her about the restoration and gave her a Book of Mormon. She will accept the gospel some day soon.

Being a missionary is so great. I am seeing miracles and being blessed tremendously every day.

For all those who are curious, the weather here is soooooooooooo hot. I am baking! On friday it will be 107 degrees. Hopefully I will sweat off a few pounds. :) Sometimes blessings are disguised.

I love you all so much! I hope you have a great week!
xoxoxoxxoxoxox
Love always,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment