Right now, I am in Ekaterinburg for the day while my two companions are in Finland on a VISA trip (we couldn't find a mini-missionary to spend the day with me in Chely...all of the young girls there are working ALL the time or in school right now and can't miss). My companions left at about 3:30 this morning, and then I got on a bus to head here...I'm a little tired right now, but hopefully it won't be too obvious in this letter.
This week was an exciting one indeed. We went to Swan Lake and it was beautiful, absolutely beautiful. I cried (no Chony, I don't think you are weird). It wasn't a Moscow ballet or anything, but it was incredible. It was so fun to go as a zone. Only one elder wasn't fond of it...the rest loved it! I really do love my zone and I am sad that everything will be changing in a couple of days. Also this week, we FINALLY got rid of the treacherous bed bugs. (did I tell you I had bed bugs? They bit me all over.) All three of us have been sleeping on the futon couch (with chairs at the end so it would be long enough) for a little over 2 weeks now. But all of that has now come to an end. Our landlady came 2 days ago and disinfected/sprayed/killed all of the bed bugs. While this was happening, we got to stay in the zone leaders' apartment (Elder Haderlie and Elder Sare) while they slept at the other elders' apartment (Elder Fife and Elder Lunt). It was a fun little adventure. When we arrived at their house, everything was spotless and they had fresh baked cookies on the kitchen table - such great elders. I want to write their mothers and tell them how great they are. I'm sad everything is changing soon. Elder Haderlie will stay in Chely as zone leader, but Elder Sare is going to be AP, so he's going to Ekaterinburg tomorrow. Elder Fife and Elder Lunt are both leaving to be zone leaders in different cities and Elder Anderson will be staying in Miass as Branch President - but he'll get a new companion. Sister Hakes is going to Ekaterinburg to train a new missionary! She is going to whitewash an area (both missionaries will be new to the area, because Elders used to work there). She is amazing and will be such a great trainer! We all knew she would be leaving because Chely was her first area and she has already been there six months. I sure will miss her though! Sister Spjute and I will be staying in Chely and keeping the work going there. Hopefully we will be able to get our investigators to commit to the gospel.
They are all struggling right now with something or other, but your prayers are greatly appreciated. I am confident that they will one day come to understand the importance and truthfulness of the gospel. Keep praying for them. This week, we met with our ward missionary coordinator and with our branch president, and everyone in our ward is starting to get excited about missionary work and about helping the inactive find their way again. I love seeing it. This next transfer will be FANTASTIC if we can just keep the ward motivated to do missionary work. I love Chelyabinsk and the people here. Hopefully I can do some good.
I love you all sooooooo much! I hope you have a great week!
Love always,
Sister Hansen
Love always,
Sister Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment