How was everyone's week?! It sounds like you have all been keeping busy. Keep it up! My week went by really fast, but it went well. We FINALLY set a date for Valyerie to be baptized! Yay!!! and we gained a few new investigators. We only had 2 investigators at church, but the rest all had pretty good excuses- we'll see how next week goes. :) This week we spent a lot of time contacting and trackting because we called EVERYONE in our area book AGAIN, and people can't seem to find time to meet with us - members, inactives, and investigators. We try to really rely on the spirit when we are planning every night as to where we should go to find people. The other day when we were looking at the map, one house (apartment building) stood out on the page. So, we went to that house and it was HUGE! haha so, we began tracting - which isn't very effective over domophone. (the little button you have to push at the front door of the complex, and then they can let you in or not). It is illegal here to be let in and then tract other doors. :( So, we have some funny experiences. People have screamed at us over the domophone and we have talked to some little kids who say the funniest things. Anyway, up until the other day, no one had let us in over domophone. But at this one house, we had 2 different people want us to come in. We were able to teach them the first lesson, give them a book of mormon, and set up another meeting! It was a miracle. One was an older man who didn't know who Jesus Christ was and another was a young boy (about 15) who just found faith in God. (His mom listened, but doesn't want to voice her faith yet - it is too dear to her heart she said). Anyway, like I said it was miracle - just another testamony builder that this really is the Lord's work. He has prepared people for me to talk to, and if I can be sensitive to His promptings, I'll be able to find them! Sister Mezinets and I are still getting along great! We have zone conference coming up and 1 more week until transfer. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I really hope that I stay here with her for one more transfer, but I'll go where the Lord says. As far as the language goes, yeah...still struggling, but what's new? I am working really hard to not be afraid to start conversations and a lot of times my poor Russian allows people to ask me what I'm doing here sometimes it's a blessing....and I can ALWAYS get recruits for English Club - because I am an American - the other day on the bus, a group of teenagers gathered around and wanted English Club cards/info. That was funny. Other times, it's not so much of a blessing -but the Lord is always there for me.
I truly am so grateful for the trust the Lord has in me to do His work. I love being a missionary. I love sharing truth with people. I know that the message I have is vital to our happiness and our salvation and I am so grateful for my knowlege of it! I know that my Savior lives and that He is the head of this Chruch. I know that everyone can obtain that knowledge for themselves. That is the miracle of the message. Everyone can know for themselves whether it is true or not - it just requires a little faith to experiment on it. And if they come to know it's true, how can they not live the gospel principles? I am trying to tell people what I know, but more importantly, teach them and prepare them to know for themselves. Oh, I love missionary work. And I love you all! Have a great week
xoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen
love always,
Sister Hansen
I love Bre's letters. I love that in everyone she is so positive and always bears testimony! Aunt Michelle
ReplyDelete