Friday, September 3, 2010

Monday, August 23rd - A Pretty Good Week

Hey fam,

There's not very much exciting news this week. We had a great zone conference on Saturday where we talked about humility and being bold. Oh my goodness, it was so amazing. I absolutely love zone conference. I'm a little sad because now they are implementing a new program - and they've changed the schedule a lot, which means that zone conference will only be quarterly. Sad! I loved having it every transfer. It seems to come right at the time I need it the most. But, I trust the Brethren.

After zone conference we had a little fireside thingy where we invited all of our investigators and we talked about baptism. We talked about what it is, why we need, what it represents, and how only one church has the true authority to do it. It was a very very very spiritual meeting and Anastasia was there and now she wants to get baptized! But, she couldn't come to church on Sunday because she got sick. So, hopefully she gets better soon and we can meet with her some more this week. She is really starting to progress! :) We also got a new investigator this week named Raeil. He is great and hopefully we will see some progress soon. I have high hopes.

Other than that, we have just continued to try to find the inactive members. We found this tiny babooshka named Nina, who is about 4'5" I'd say and about 75 years old (in Russia, that's really old, and pretty rare actually). She is tiny and spunky. She goes to the baptist church instead of ours because it is closer. We sang hymns with her because she LOVES to sing, very loudly, and we read from the Book of Mormon with her. We would have had more of a lesson but it took so long for her to get through the verse (she read the same line over and over again) and she loves to read! She said the baptists told her that she needed to get rid of her Book of Mormon if she wanted to be one of them. She said she told them "Fine, I won't be one of you. It's my Book of Mormon and I love it." haha she really is the sweetest little thing. I'm just glad she is going to church somewhere. We are going to try to find a way for someone to pick her up to bring her to church. Next week is the dedication of the Kiev Temple! So, we won't have sacrament meeting. I am so excited for the people here. Everyone is so happy about this temple. It really is a HUGE step. They don't even need a visa to go to Ukraine - that saves so much trouble and money. Next Sunday is going to be a great day!

Just so you know, it is already Fall here. The weather here is seriously so crazy. It was sooooooooo hot just a few days ago and now it is cold and rainy. I'm not complaining though, I love Fall weather. The seasons here change very drastically and suddenly. haha I wouldn't be surprised if in a weeks time we have snow on the ground.

Well, not much else really happened. I want you all to know how much I love you. I hope you all had a fabulous week and will have an even better one this next week. Don't forget to write! xoxoxoxoxoxo
love always,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment