Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Transfer?

Hi everyone!!!
I got so many emails today...thank you thank you thank you!!! I love you all so so so so so much!!!!!!!!!! I truly am so blessed to have such a great supportive family. It sounds like you are all doing fabulous. This week, for me, has been pretty interesting. I am somewhat sorry to say that I still have not transferred. Yep, still in Ekat and still serving with Sister Mezinets. Every day the zone leaders tell me something different, but as of yesterday, I will be transfering on Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Sister Mezinets and I love my area here, but I am also a little anxious to get to my new area and see what the Lord has in store for me there. Sister Hakes is on a VISA trip in Finland right now. She came in to Ekat this last week so I was able to spend some time with her. I am so excited to work with her - we are going to have so much fun and really accomplish a lot. I can tell she is a really hard worker. There were so many missionaries here this past week because of transfers and VISAs, etc... for a while we had 5 sisters living in our apartment...it really has been a crazy week. Sister Dungan also got transferred to Ekat, so I have seen her a few times as well - so fun! It has been crazy, but the work has continued.
We have had a ton of meetings and our investigator Kalyeria committed to a baptismal date. :) She will be baptized on the 6th of March if everything keeps progressing. Sister Valgardson (I don't remember how she spells her name) is going to be Sister Mezinets' new companion here and she is so great. I knew her in the MTC too- she was Sister Hakes' companion and therefore, also on the VISA trip right now. She is a really dedicated missionary and I have no doubts that her and Sister Mezinets will be able to accomplish soooooo much here. I know that I say this every single week, but I absolutely love being a missionary. I love sharing this wonderful message about my Savior with people. The message I have is priceless and it is the only way to gain eternal salvation - so I have been trying really hard to 'feed my faith so my fear starves to death' (that is a saying that one of the members of my branch presidency in the MTC always said). I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to study the scriptures every single morning - I can't believe I lasted this long in life without taking personal time to study my scriptures every single day - it is VITAL for my spiritual strength...I learn so much every morning and then I am ready every day to go out and tell people what I know. I am trying really hard to learn the Lord's language so that I can better understand when He speaks to me. Both languages Revelation, and Russian can be pretty tough - but I'm working on it...day after day. It continues to be cold here, but I have learned to deal with it. I have learned to appreciate Russian winters - they are beautiful. The snowflakes here are perfect and I love seeing little children iceskate down the sidewalk. (they really do ice skate) The toddlers are always bundled up in soooooooo much winter wear and their parent pull them along behind them on a sled. The young ladies here are all dolled up in heels and fur coats, and the old ladies are always out on the sidewalk, despite the weather. The buildings for the most part are big, boring, ugly apartment buildings, but there is some pretty architecture every now and then - the Russian orthodox churches always stand out really well. :) Ekaterinburg, is a really big city and I have loved serving here, but I'm excited to see what new adventures the Lord has in store for me. Today I am going to try to develop some pictures - and then I'll try to send some home - so keep a look out...in about a month. :) I love you all soooooo much! Thanks for everything!!!! Just know that I love you all sooooooo much! xoxoxoxoxoxxoxox
love always,
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment